[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 5 19:18:53 UTC 2019

Hi SM,

The impact analysis in AfriNIC is not "requested" but done automatically, since, 1 year ago or so, at least. I suggested it some time ago I think as well for all the policies.

I recall I was told that this one will be published today or so, because I've already a new version prepared with the changes that we have been discussing in the list, but I want to take the opportunity to verify that nothing else is discovered as "broken" by the impact analysis.

Regards,
Jordi

El 5/4/19 21:09, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

    Dear Jordi,
    At 10:39 AM 05-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
    >I don't think there was impact analysis when that policy text was proposed.

    Did you request an impact analysis?

    >Anyway, if you look at the English version is the same just with
    >other words and much longer sentences:

    After receiving feedback from Resource Members, I read the
    information on the web site to see what could be useful to
    them.  Here's an example: "All requests for ASNs under these criteria
    will be evaluated using the guidelines described in RFC 1930 or its
    successors".  That RFC contains ten pages.  The English version of
    the text in your email fits in one page.  That text contains the
    words "routing policy".  Would a network operator  understand those words?

    There was also the following in the text: "or be planning to
    interconnect within a period of no more than six (6) month as of the
    moment of the application".  Is that clearer in comparison with "a
    reasonably short time thereafter"?

    Regards,
    S. Moonesamy

IPv4 is over