[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 5 19:09:19 UTC 2019

Dear Jordi,
At 10:39 AM 05-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
>I don't think there was impact analysis when that policy text was proposed.

Did you request an impact analysis?

>Anyway, if you look at the English version is the same just with
>other words and much longer sentences:

After receiving feedback from Resource Members, I read the
information on the web site to see what could be useful to
them.  Here's an example: "All requests for ASNs under these criteria
will be evaluated using the guidelines described in RFC 1930 or its
successors".  That RFC contains ten pages.  The English version of
the text in your email fits in one page.  That text contains the
words "routing policy".  Would a network operator  understand those words?

There was also the following in the text: "or be planning to
interconnect within a period of no more than six (6) month as of the
moment of the application".  Is that clearer in comparison with "a
reasonably short time thereafter"?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy