[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 5 21:22:40 UTC 2019

Hi Jordi,
At 12:18 PM 05-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
>The impact analysis in AfriNIC is not "requested" but done
>automatically, since, 1 year ago or so, at least. I suggested it
>some time ago I think as well for all the policies.

It is usually better to ask for something instead of waiting for it
to be happen automatically.

>I recall I was told that this one will be published today or so,
>because I've already a new version prepared with the changes that we
>have been discussing in the list, but I want to take the opportunity
>to verify that nothing else is discovered as "broken" by the impact analysis.

One of the principles of the existing policy development process is
transparency.  One of the reasons for that principle is so that
anyone in this working group can assess the impact of a proposed
policy.  There is an assumption that the person(s) proposing a policy
change would be able to analyze its potential impact or request
information, if it is not already available, to do that.

There is a network operator who provided feedback on the two words
which I mentioned previously.  Could you please provide some feedback
on the last question in my previous email?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy