[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 5 17:39:29 UTC 2019

I don't think there was impact analysis when that policy text was proposed.

Anyway, if you look at the English version is the same just with other words and much longer sentences:

1. The organization must have the need to interconnect with other independent Autonomous Systems at the time of the application, or be planning to interconnect within a period of no more than six (6) month as of the moment of the application. After this period, LACNIC may revoke the assigned ASN if it has not been used.

2. Detail the applicant's routing policy, specifying the ASNs with which the organization will interconnect and the IP addresses that will be announced through the requested ASN.

Regards,
Jordi

El 5/4/19 19:14, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

    Dear Jordi,
    At 05:23 AM 06-03-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
    >I want to add something else. While working in this policy proposal
    >for AfriNIC, I realized that in APNIC we have the same problem, so I
    >submitted a new policy proposal in that region, which reached
    >consensus last week in their meeting:

    I read the ASN policy in the LACNIC region [1].  It looks different
    from this policy proposal.  Is there an analysis of the policy
    proposal which provides a comparison with the relevant policy in the
    LACNIC region?

    Regards,
    S. Moonesamy

    1.