[rpd] Inter-RIR Resource

Willy MANGA mangawilly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:58:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 27/11/2018 à 14:47, ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE a écrit :
> I kind off agree with Daniel Yakmut. This might be a way to force IPV6 into
> Africa. Some part of me is also feels it has to be done carefully.

Strictly speaking of IPv6 deployment, I do not think this policy would
help in this way.

We don't have to wait v4 exhaustion to start using v6.

At the same time, stockpiling IPv4 blocks because some people may need
it for their transition plan is not a wise approach from my point of
view. How many networks have started a transition plan ?

My question to our community is : why do you want to keep v4 prefixes ?
For transition ? Allow me to have a doubt. But I may be wrong. Maybe
there are other arguments; I'd be happy to discuss them.

I suggest AFRINIC community to focus on how to remove gradually v4 from
their networks and use more v6 prefixes everywhere.

I may oppose to this policy only if people deeply think it will not help
them deploy IPv6. Otherwise let this policy be approved and focus on
IPv6 adoption and usage.

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy