[rpd] New proposal: Abuse Contact Policy Update

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh.phokeer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:48:05 UTC 2018

Hi Jordi,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <
jordi.palet at consulintel.es> wrote:

> In fact, we can keep both, the IRT object and the abuse-c and make the
> whois in such way that respond with the same data to queries for IRT or
> abuse-c.

IMO, having only 1 attribute (abuse-c or mnt-irt) should suffice, having
both of them might add confusion.

It could help to have a special WHOIS flag / option to extract the referred
IRT/Abuse-c object directly from the inet(6)num/aut-num:

something like:
whois -h <host> --abuse <inetnum>

Cheers,
Amreesh