[rpd] Objections should not require amendments

caleb olumuyiwa muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:07:31 UTC 2018

Hello Owen,

I strongly object to your submission. If you want a policy process to
improve with the interest of the community at heart, i strongly feel that
there should be some mid point where those objecting and those proposing
can have a middle point  that can improve and polish a proposal.

If there is a valid point of objection and no rough concensus of the PDP,
then we can move on to the next good thing.

However, it will be a volountary process for the person objecting to
continue to object or volunteer to make suggessions that could improve the
proposal of a policy.

I see no reason why a policy proposal should be abandoned if it has it's
merit and is still undergoing refinement based on suggestions from the
community and a rough concensus was formed by the co-chairs.

Caleb Ogundele

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:39 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> It is very dangerous and improper in my opinion to require those that
> object to a policy proposal to provide proposed amendments to the proposal.
>
> Such a requirement presumes that the proposal is entitled to eventually
> become policy. Some proposals simply don’t improve current policy and it is
> perfectly valid to abandon such proposals and opposition to the proposal
> requesting that the status quo be preserved is an entirely valid position.
>
> Owen

*Ogundele Olumuyiwa Caleb*
*muyiwacaleb at gmail.com <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com>*
*234 - 8077377378*