[rpd] Objections should not require amendments

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Wed May 9 16:16:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 5/9/2018 7:07 PM, caleb olumuyiwa wrote:
> Hello Owen,
>
> I strongly object to your submission. If you want a policy process to
> improve with the interest of the community at heart, i strongly feel
> that there should be some mid point where those objecting and those
> proposing can have a middle point that can improve and polish a proposal.

I think that's not possible if a part of the community desires less
restrictions on IP address distribution and another part desires more
restrictions on IP address distribution.

These are really opposite directions desired. In the absence of
consensus the status quo is the middle ground.

> I see no reason why a policy proposal should be abandoned if it has it's
> merit and is still undergoing refinement based on suggestions from the
> community and a rough concensus was formed by the co-chairs.

The fact is that a part of the community wishes IP address distribution
to _NOT_ become more restrictive.
This is the conflict that needs to be addressed, because all further
arguments come from that.

Frank