[rpd] The need to review the existing soft landing policy (was Re: Two more petitioners)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Dec 19 18:38:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
> > We have gone a long way with the discussions about the existing
> softlanding policy and the merits of the various proposals to amend it. The
> version of SL-BIS  which went to last call is a merger of two of them.
>
> Yes, and despite that there doesn't seem to be consensus that it is better
> than the existing soft landing policy. In a consensus-based policy
> development process there is a built-in bias against change: change only
> happens when there is consensus on a policy proposal. If there is no such
> consensus then the default is to keep the existing policy.

Well, by the time this policy proposal reached last call, it had gone
through a lot of amendments/versions, all based on so much recommendations
and support from the wider community that resonates with the idea of
equitable distribution of the last /8.

PS: Its also very much fine for a wider community to want amendments to the
current SL hence this draft policy.

--
*./noah*