[rpd] The need to review the existing soft landing policy (was Re: Two more petitioners)

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Thu Dec 21 03:58:50 UTC 2017

On 20 Dec 2017, at 01:03, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
>> We have gone a long way with the discussions about the existing softlanding policy and the merits of the various proposals to amend it. The version of SL-BIS  which went to last call is a merger of two of them.
>
> Yes, and despite that there doesn't seem to be consensus that it is better than the existing soft landing policy.

^^ this.

it is not, that (the theory behind) SL-BIS is bad.  it is just *not better* at finding that “balance”, than the existing policy.  (of course, imho).

as a reminder to those that have forgotten, getting to consensus on the existing policy was already a marathon.  so before reading the posting history on SL-BIS, read the history on the current SL as well!

—n.