[rpd] Last Call Announcement - IPv4 Soft Landing - bis (AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT07)

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Fri Dec 15 07:20:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Sami Salih <sami at ntc.gov.sd> wrote:

> This is to remind you that the last call period for policy proposal IPv4
> Soft Landing - bis (AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT07) will end in two days
> (Saturday Dec. 16, 2017) then the Co-chairs will send the report to the
> board.
>
> The last call period will be 15 calendar days.
> IPv4 Soft Landing - bis (AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT07) - moves to last call
> with the following minor modifications:
> Reword 5.4.7.1 to remove specific reference to “XLAT translators”
> Add “including IDN ccTLDs” to 5.4.7.5.3
> Current Version: https://afrinic.net/en/communi
> ty/policy-development/policy-proposals/2247-ipv4-soft-landing-bis-
> The Last Call period will end on 16 December 2017.
>
> Vanilla do not support this policy, it should be removed.

I am concerned about this email since I think I have seen on this policy:
- clearly major disputes
- questions arising as to the chairpersons management
- significant consensus that there is an appeal
- this policy should not be at this stage, there was never consensus
- Chairman stated "Lets allow the appeals committee to decide on this.  I
think the co-chairs have done their job within the guidelines and the
outcomes of the meeting and decisions that were made should be respected."
- this was some time ago - my sense is that this is already beyond this

Maybe I am missing something but even NAPAfrica peers are discussing this.
I suggest that in order for AfriNIC to regain some credibility/stability
this should be dealt with swiftly and promptly!

Sincerely

Alan