[rpd] FW: Opposition to the changes in the AfriNIC Soft Landing Policy

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sat Dec 2 22:05:33 UTC 2017

There is nothing that *requires* it – there is also nothing that forbids it.

There was a discussion in various forums about how to handle this – and various ISP’s have opted to rather sign the petition document and have to forwarded to the list by a single individual – they wish to partake but do not wish to put up with the noise on this list, so, they are choosing to express their views in their own way.

Since each of them is a paying member, and each of them is impacted by policy, I believe they should be free to express their views in any way they wish, and if that is by signing a petition document and having someone else send it through to the list, I hardly see a reason to stop it.

Thanks

Andrew