[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Aug 13 11:32:12 UTC 2017

On 13 Aug 2017 1:48 a.m., "Hans Petter Holen" <hph at oslo.net> wrote:

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 at 16:57, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Dear Afrinic Board Chair,
>
> For Seats 3 and 4:   I wonder if other RIR's have provisions that require
> members from the AFRINIC region to seat in their appeal committees?

In RIPE policy development process https://www.ripe.net/p
ublications/docs/ripe-642 appeals are handled by the Working Group Chairs
Collective (WGCC) - As we have several workinggroups besides the address
policy wg we have a collective of chairs from other workinggroups that will
handle the appeal.

For our case, we don't have college of several WG's  chairs but have only 2
co-chairs elected by the community to administer the PDWG  (Policy
Development Working Group).

All the WG Chairs are selected by their respecitve working group, and are
by definition part of the RIPE community.
We do not have a geographic restriction to the RIPE community, it is open
to anyone interested, so we may have wg chairs living or working outside
the RIPE NCC Service region, but they are still part of the comunity.

This means that for a member of the community outside the RIPE NCC service
region to seat on the appeal committee that handle appeals, they would have
to be chairing one of the various RIPE WG's which sounds appropriate.

Cheers,
Noah