[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Hans Petter Holen hph at oslo.net
Sat Aug 12 22:47:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 at 16:57, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Dear Afrinic Board Chair,
>
> For Seats 3 and 4:   I wonder if other RIR's have provisions that require
> members from the AFRINIC region to seat in their appeal committees?

In RIPE policy development process
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-642 appeals are handled by
the Working
Group Chairs Collective (WGCC) - As we have several workinggroups besides
the address policy wg we have a collective of chairs from other
workinggroups that will handle the appeal.

All the WG Chairs are selected by their respecitve working group, and are
by definition part of the RIPE community.
We do not have a geographic restriction to the RIPE community, it is open
to anyone interested, so we may have wg chairs living or working outside
the RIPE NCC Service region, but they are still part of the comunity.

Hans Petter Holen
RIPE Chair
--
-- Hans Petter Holen Mobile +47 45 06 60 54 | hph at oslo.net |