[rpd] PDP timeline

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Jul 20 08:49:06 UTC 2017

Hi Douglas,

[Not commenting for the Board]

At 00:49 20-07-2017, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>6. Additionally, we need to address what happens to actions that are
>predicated on decisions under appeal. For instance, if a member calls
>into question the decision to send a policy for ratification, after
>last call, I don't see any provisions to halt the ratification process
>pending the hearing, and how such a halt will affect the prescribed
>PDP timelines.

There would have to be consensus on a policy proposal in Last
Call.  The generally accepted practice is to have a deadline for a
Last Call and to take the decision after that deadline.  The relevant
timeline (please see Section 5.5 of the original document) in the PDP
was intended to provide the flexibility for a variety of
circumstances.  There is, in my opinion, provision for the above [1].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. Please see quoted text.