[rpd] Appeal Committee Terms of Reference (Version 1)

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Aug 10 08:43:58 UTC 2017

Hello Boubakar,

> Do you think you are the messiah Africa was waiting for to save us? You are too intrusive! If you want to support this community, you should be humble and send  _constructive_ posts.

Owen has been extremely constructive in his contributions here. He clearly explains why he thinks something is a good/bad idea, makes suggestions for changes, always looks at the merit of the content and never at who is proposing it. I don't always agree with Owen, but I know that I can always discuss that with him in a civilised way. This is how policy development should be.

Owen is a regular contributor to this list, and he does post a lot of messages. And that is perfectly fine!

> It's called sense of responsibility, if this word has a meaning to you.

I am certain Owen has a great sense of responsibility and that it is that responsibility that makes him speak up.

> Learn from friends of AfriNIC who contribute to the discussions but refrain themselves to be involved in sensitive "internal" issues.

The current issue is about the policy development process, which is open to anyone to participate in. There is nothing "internal" about this discussion, unless you want to impose conditions on participation that go against the PDP. This would be extremely inappropriate.

Cheers,
Sander