[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Sun Jul 30 06:52:40 UTC 2017

> On 29 Jul 2017, at 00:29, Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Refer to previous posts that clearly showed that resources have been allocated to members with no infrastructure/operation in Africa; or at least not in the tune of the amount allocated to them.

I must have missed the posts that clearly showed that, although I seem to recall some posts with vague allegations.  Do you have a list of resources that have been allocated by AFRINIC to members with no operations in Africa?

AFRINIC’s operational practice has been to require members to have a legal presence in Africa, and to use the majority of their resources in Africa.  In the past, policy has not specified how much of the resources must be used in Africa, so it has been left to staff discretion.   Under the soft landing policy that’s currently in effect, all IPv4 resources that are allocated during the soft landing phase must be used in Africa, or in support of connectivity to Africa.

Alan Barrett