[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Boubakar Barry boubakarbarry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:29:14 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 11:50 , Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>

>> Current policy is need basis. This proposal goes beyond need basis to
>> apply additional restrictions that are unfair.
>>

> "Unfair" for sure for those who are abusing or intend to abuse the current
> policy. And this has been made very clear by the authors an uncountable
> couple of times.
>
> Boubakar
>

> Please define what you mean by “abuse”.
>
> If you mean getting the addresses you need in order to meet a present
> operational need under the existing policy, then I fail to see how this can
> be classified as “abuse”.
>
> This proposal would be unfair to real networks who have an operational
> need for addresses today.

Refer to previous posts that clearly showed that resources have been
allocated to members with no infrastructure/operation in Africa; or at
least not in the tune of the amount allocated to them. That is actually why
the proposal for audit has been initiated, to which some members of the
"community" opposing it are brokering AfriNIC resources outside the
continent.

Don't expect from me to engage into low level discussions. Everyone in this
list with reasonable analysis capacity knows what is going on. And I know
most of us have this capacity.

Boubakar