[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jul 28 19:52:44 UTC 2017

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 11:50 , Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com <mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
>

> Current policy is need basis. This proposal goes beyond need basis to apply additional restrictions that are unfair.
>
> "Unfair" for sure for those who are abusing or intend to abuse the current policy. And this has been made very clear by the authors an uncountable couple of times.
>
> Boubakar

Please define what you mean by “abuse”.

If you mean getting the addresses you need in order to meet a present operational need under the existing policy, then I fail to see how this can be classified as “abuse”.

This proposal would be unfair to real networks who have an operational need for addresses today.