[rpd] PDP timeline

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:56:02 UTC 2017

Hi SM,
Perhaps I wasn't clear so I will try again.
What I am proposing is a provision to enforce an injunction on any
actions predicated on a decision that is the subject of an appeal,
because it would be sub judice.

If, for instance, co-chairs decided to send a policy to the Board for
ratification today, currently nothing bars the board from considering
and ratifying this policy, even if it was forwarded via a decision
that is the subject of an appeal. I am saying this not right. It
should be catered for.

My suggestion is that we create a provision such that no actions can
be taken at any level based on a decision that is the subject of an
appeal. I am also adding that once we put in place this "injunction
provision" we need to understand and cater for how it will affect the
timelines for last call, ratification and implementation of policies
as prescribed in the PDP.

I hope this is clearer.

--
Douglas Onyango, PRINCE 2, ITILv3