[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Tue Jul 11 12:38:56 UTC 2017

Dear Omo,

On 11 July 2017 at 11:27, Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:
> Owen,
>
> The final legal feedback notwithstanding (which I am sure the authors will
> respond to), I only see negative feedback from a handful of people.  The
> fact that this is voiced repeatedly does not in any way increase the volume.

Volume is irrelevant in the policy making, even a single voice from a
totally unknown person can block anything, as long as that person has
a valid and sustained.

Almost none of the arguments put forward against the policy were new,
they had just been slipped under the radar or were just being ignored.

> It is your misinterpretation that is more likely to be confusing to the
> community.  Resource review is essential activity for Internet registries
> even if they are only bookkeepers like some would have them be.

All RIRs do reviews, but none of them are aimed solely at
de-registering, Ashok's email actually goes into quite some length
into that topic.

> AFRINIC would be failing in its accountability to the community without a
> policy like this.   Please let the Co-Chairs do their job

This would imply that AFRINIC as the secretariat would have been
failing the community up until this point!
Which is simply not true.