[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Tutu Ngcaba pan.afrikhan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 18:58:43 UTC 2017

On 27 Jun 2017 9:35 p.m., "Kris Seeburn" <seeburn.k at gmail.com> wrote:

Tutu or whichever alias is used,

You better have a look at icp2 that is where icann / iana defines the role
of a rir.

Some
Things are privileged information. Even we
As having been board members had no access to
Those information. It is attached within the bounds of the CEO and staff.

Rules which you want to change are
Beyond ourselves. That is why a
Policy is being proposed.but a policy does not override what an rir has
signed with icann on first place.

People we need to be rational know our limits.
And bear in mind that RIPE act based on enough proof to carry out an audit.
Not because is talking about a suspicion that can lead to legal
Implications. Be wary of that, I could also anonymously say that "seacom"
are
Malicious using the resources or
Someone else as well. Where is the proof
That would pull The resources to do so.

As nishal said there should. Be no
Exception at all. No one gets
Away but who will
Provide the money and resources to
Audit our 1500 Members. I also know of academia not respecting the sla
should we
Take their resources away. Some
Are making some
Money with that and they are supposed to
So apart from
Research.

Lets be very pragmatic and not with hunts from
A policy designed such ways.

Brother Kris,

but the afrinic role of giving ip address also can be role of returning of
not usable. why this is not good things. if they dont use properly why
mustn't they returned it.

so you said the other RIR like the RIPE will do review audits. so then  no
problem if the Afrinic did the same as this policy proposed. why people
will be afraid like this?

shall we say or refused policy propositions due to some ISP big or small
being afraid as if they hide something.?

Best Regards,
Tutu Ngcaba