[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Lu Heng h.lu at anytimechinese.com
Tue Jun 27 13:38:02 UTC 2017

Hi

On 27 June 2017 at 21:28, Boubakar Barry <boubakarbarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
>

>> And I wouldn't have any problem AfriNIC being sued by people who are
>>> abusing the current process(es) and doing wrong things at the cost of the
>>> community. They will definitely lose.
>>>

>> Why they will lose? AFRINIC staff does not have legal training nor does
>> the community, how you sure the rule made by the community will be
>> successful in the word of law?
>>

> Translation: AfriNIC is so waek that any brigand can come, rob our
> resources and then sue us?
>
> This statement is _very_ serious and AfriNIC Board and Secretariat have to
> act here.

That "translation" does not reflect what I mean.

I standby my statement, so no worries.

I didn't say AFRINIC is weak, in fact, weak or strong does not come in play
here, I simply saying testing AFRINIC staff and community policy with real
court and law, have never been tested before, I am not sure it will success
that. Law does not write for the strong or weak, but for the reasons.

No one can rob "our" resource, I am firm believe internet has no boundary
of countries, or nationals, or continent, we have one internet, and that
belong to every human being.

Sadly my country have great internet firewall that stops that, I truly hope
the same shouldn't be happening here in AFRICA, I hope every AFRICAN have
free unrestricted access to internet and enjoy that one internet everyone
should deserve.

Internet have changed many things here in AFRICA, including political
landscape and giving people much more free speech rights, *I believe the
future IPv6 direct deployment in AFRICAN continent will make AFRICA the
most advanced continent on the planet, without needing dealing with this
legacy IPv4 addresses.*

While other continent have the problem of the legacy investment, in AFRICA,
many thing haven't started yet, so* it is one of only place on earth we are
able to start flash in IPv6, seriously, bankrupting AFRICAN registry for
the not so important legacy space, is really not worth it.*

>> What kind of behaviour is this? And look from where! If people are
>>> already threatening of suing AfriNIC because of this policy proposal, that
>>> means that they have things to hide.
>>>

>> Every one has something to hide, every business, every organization have
>>  sensitive information even forbidden to be shared by law, AFRINIC exist on
>> the condition of confidentiality, otherwise no one will ever provide any
>> information to AFRINIC.
>>
>> It's not child play ground, it is real business with people doing it for
>> real value, no one is threatening suing AFRINIC, but if AFRINIC start
>> acting like internet police force, then people do something about it.
>>

> No comment; see above. Things get clearer and clearer.
>
> Boubakar

>> --
>> --
>> Kind regards.