[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Tue Jun 27 12:17:10 UTC 2017

Hi Omo,

On Jun 27, 2017 7:35 PM, "Omo Oaiya" <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:

On 27 June 2017 at 11:56, Kris Seeburn <seeburn.k at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still stand opposed to the policy. People just call it an Andrew or
> liquid audit policy or a cloud innovations policy audit. Let’s not hide and
> get off with it.
>
> Kris

Are these people suggesting these organisations have something to hide?

With the recent increased scrutiny of this list, I would had hoped the
conversations to be more mature and less of accusative manners.

Remember that every time we participate on those lists, we all represent
the AFRINIC community, our words reflect on everyone.

I don't see how this policy can be an issue for any member who has not
violated the rules or abused contractual agreements with AfrINIC

You mean violated Policies...not contractual agreement, do not mix the RSA
into this.

Breach or abuse of contractual agreement would be legal matters out of
scope from the policies.

Policy violations exist, AFRINIC regularly rejects new allocations when
reviewing previous utilisation and registration of assignments and
Sub-allocations.

Should an LIR lose their allocation(s) for misusing their Sub-allocation
window?
I don't think so, they correct what needs to be corrected and move on with
their operations.

Let's be a bit more accountable here.   Responsible stewardship requires
being able to audit and I understand that revocation is a last resort.  I
support the policy on this basis.

Stewardship in maintaining an accurate registry.
Stewardship in ensuring the continuity of the organisation to facilitate
the distribution of Internet resources.

Revocation of allocations by AFRINIC should never happen, allocations are
not assignments, they are not issued for a dedicated purpose, they are
registered to the LIR so that the LIR can further distribute the space as
they see fit within the scope of the policies.

More importantly, the policy is in last call and the authors have responded
to legal's message through the Co-chairs.  I look forward to the Co-chairs
feedback on that matter.

Best wishes

--
Omo Oaiya