[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Tue Jun 27 12:12:29 UTC 2017

Lu,

I am uncomfortable with the increased Chinese presence on this matter Lu.   It seems to me that “substantial opposition” is being drummed up so this does not pass.

I am also uncomfortable with the repeated legal threats which in my opinion have no basis if the fundamental contract that governs the relationship with members is violated.   Like I said,  we wait for legal and I’d be inclined to ask for a second opinion if what is clearly a straightforward matter is couched in a manner to frighten the community.

I am also uncomfortable with you speaking for Kris.  As far as I know, he could not have been "responsible for the budget calculation".  He was a board member not in the executive.  Perhaps he can speak up for himself and tell us how he does the budget for AfriNIC.

You say AfriNIC is a book keeper.   At least we agree that their responsibility is to keep the books and audit is a necessary part of this.  Is Lu Heng a lawyer?  I tire for the implied threats.

My 0.02.

—
Omo Oaiya
CTO/Directeur Technique, WACREN
Mobile: +234 806 4522778, +221 784 305 224
Skype: kodion
http://www.wacren.net