[rpd] Last Call for "AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT-04 - Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC"

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 12:45:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:
> Lu,
>
> I am uncomfortable with the increased Chinese presence on this matter Lu.
> It seems to me that “substantial opposition” is being drummed up so this
> does not pass.
>
> I am also uncomfortable with the repeated legal threats which in my opinion
> have no basis if the fundamental contract that governs the relationship with
> members is violated.

1. If there is nothing to hide there is no need to be afraid of audits.
2. AfriNIC cannot be held ransom by legal threats from - let's face it
- a few individuals. AfriNIC is bigger than "a company with a /12" and
AfriNIC can claim the /12 back if breach and lack of compliance is
detected. There will always be threats to sue especially if some
individuals selfish interests have been quashed.

-J