[rpd] AFRINIC Policy Development Process Bis Proposal

Ornella GANKPA honest1989 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:18:15 UTC 2017

Hi Seun,

Le 31/05/2017 à 15:14, Seun Ojedeji a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Here are summary of my comments in 3 steps:
*Thanks for your comments….. inline….*

> - Start with the current PDP
 *We do not intend to patch the existing PDP. Intent is to work with
community to design an updated PDP which takes into consideration the
lessons learned from the past 7 years experience with the current
process. A new PDP which follows BCPs and is well adapted for our region
is the outcome we hope for.*
> - Incoporate the consensus section of your proposal (3.4.0)
*The Rough Consensus  mechanism as proposed by PDP-bis cannot be
incorporated in current PDP as it requires different process in
conducting working group’s works and advancing proposals. **
**
**In PDP-bis, proposals follow well defined steps, and mature, before
getting to PPM for Rough Consensus. Rough consensus is achieved after
major objections and/or minor objections are resolved/addressed by
working group as  proposals progress.*

> - Edit the current PDP to allow consensus to abandon a proposal - That
> will just require adding option to reject/support a proposal in
> section 3.4 of the CPM
*With PDP-bis, once a proposal is adopted by the working group, the
initiators grant all rights to the community and the proposal  becomes
community document. It is then up to working group to decide wether to
reject, abandon or support a policy.  Provision is made for this in PDP-BIS*

*Regards*

Honest Ornella GANKPA