[rpd] Staff & Legal Assessements on "Internet Numbers review by AFRINIC"'s Proposal

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Thu May 18 04:05:11 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply.

This is a 360 turn on the assessment, but you only cover reported cases.

Every report will still need a somewhat of research, before it can be
discarded, I never believed that each report would be a full scale
investigation lasting days/weeks/months.

Discarding reports at staff discretion is an interesting concept, but it
just means that there was no ground to pursue further, it would be very
scary if staff arbitrarily starts discarding valid reports without having
performed any due diligence.

Just as it would be very bad if staff starts harassing resource holders
where there is no shred of evidence and ground to even start a review.

How about "regular reviews"?
The policy proposal doesn't give any guidelines on how many to be performed.

Those will add load on staff, as it is already a matter of several days to
get a reply, this will surely not improved by adding regular regular
reviews to the workload.

Cheers,
David Hilario