[rpd] Staff & Legal Assessements on "Internet Numbers review by AFRINIC"'s Proposal

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Wed May 17 10:22:44 UTC 2017

> On 17 May 2017, at 11:28, David Hilario <d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net> wrote:
> Can we know what changed on the assessment to go from:
> "staff workload may be greatly increased"
>
> To:
> "no significant impact to staff workload”

The proposal changed.  The previous staff comments were for draft02, and the current staff comments are for draft04 of the proposal.  Under draft02, staff understood that every complaint needed to be investigated, but under draft04, staff understand that they have the discretion to quickly decide that a complaint does not warrant investigation.

By “no significant impact” we meant that the impact would be manageable.  Staff understand that the impact on workload can be managed by controlling the number of investigations that are performed and by making the process efficient.

Alan Barrett