[rpd] Staff & Legal Assessements on "Internet Numbers review by AFRINIC"'s Proposal

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Wed May 17 07:28:33 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,

Just a small reminder and some more information.

The previous assessment which can still be found here:
http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/1947-internet-number-resources-review-by-afrinic

>"AFRINIC staff workload may be greatly increased by a large number of requests for review or audit. >The requirement that the complaint "warrants investigation" may mitigate this issue, if staff have the >ability to decide that certain complaints do not warrant investigation, but staff resources will nevertheless >be expended on determining whether or not the complaint warrants investigation."

This one had a dramatically opposite view of the potential impact on
staff's workload compared to the latest one.

Can we know what changed on the assessment to go from:
"staff workload may be greatly increased"

To:
"no significant impact to staff workload"

Assessments are needed by the community to judge some of the impacts
on the organisation itself.

How did we go from greatly increase to no significant impact?
What changed?

I understand that opinions change, but this is a total reversal.

David Hilario

IP Manager

Larus Cloud Service Limited

p: +852 29888918  m: +359 89 764 1784
f: +852 29888068
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net/uk
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net