[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 08:20:52 UTC 2017

**no hats**
On 13 April 2017 at 11:56, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm! Very bad observation, do you want to confirm us through this
> observation that Afrinic has no system of redundancy and did not foresee in
> the case just where the Internet was cut in Mauritius. It is dangerous
> that, I then call Afrinic technical staff to kindly from this day put
> himself in condition to set up a backup in case of this has not been done
> yet.

- technical (infrastructure, server) redundancy  *is not equal to* human
resource redundancy.
- infrastructure redundancy has HR redundancy as it's bottle neck
- no organization I know of has double of each staff in different countries
for the purpose of redundancy. Reality is that in the event of a shutdown,
even with technical redundancy -  capacity will be diminished.