[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Tutu Ngcaba pan.afrikhan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 22:50:07 UTC 2017

Hello Bra, Amreesh,

On 13 Apr 2017 1:16 a.m., "Amreesh Phokeer" <amreesh.phokeer at gmail.com>
wrote:

I'd advise government agencies to come and get a few IPv6 prefixes from
AFRINIC so that they don't need to worry too much about not having enough
resources to expand their network, should they be sanctioned.

But even if South Africa government takes IPv6, this policy propose that
incase of internet shutdown the Afrinic shall take IPv6 from government or
ISP which is useless man.

Also how internet was restored in countries where it was shutdown before
because no such policy exist before but am sure in Egypy or Congo or Uganda
like other people mention internet is there.

I already see in CNN and BBC about internet shuts in those country and UN
condemn and government restored because of fear the country denied foreign
Aid.

This is why i asked what actual motive behind this proposal by authors
since it does not make sense at all?

I never written or propose a policy but shall we just propose policies for
sake of it or what.

Best Regards,

Tutu Ngcaba
Kwazulu Techno Hubs