[rpd] New Policy Proposal - "Anti-Shutdown (AFPUB-2017-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh.phokeer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 22:15:28 UTC 2017

I'd advise government agencies to come and get a few IPv6 prefixes from
AFRINIC so that they don't need to worry too much about not having enough
resources to expand their network, should they be sanctioned.

**speaking in my own capacity**

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Tutu Ngcaba <pan.afrikhan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Andrew Alston <
>> Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
>> > Hi SM,
>> >
>> > Firstly, there is no link between the statement issued by the board of
>> directors and this policy.
>>
>> There is no link between Andrew Alston the Afrinic board director and
>> Andrew Alston the policy author.
>>
>> Strange.
>>

> Since i joined the pdp list, i have been following discussions but this
> policy proposal will never solve government internet cut off in those
> country.
>
> Why Afrinic shall take away internet from people because dictator cut off.
> This will be dangerous for Afrinic you know. The regular can even deny
> license to the ISP and Afrinic can loose member who contribute to its
> existence.
>
> So, what is really the motive behind the proposal since one of the author
> is even requesting for words to be used to explain it.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Tutu Ngcaba
> Kwazulu Techno Hubs
> South Africa