[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Apr 7 16:50:06 UTC 2017

On 7 Apr 2017 7:36 p.m., "Willy MANGA" <willy.manga at auf.org> wrote:

Hello Alain,
my intention was not to insult IPv4 fans .

I put on the other hand all the amazing work AFRINIC training team is
doing and I am sometimes disapointed when I see no v6 traffic after one
year from many sites especially universities. They should not be
concerned by v4 stuff in my humble opinion ..

Most believe NAT protects them while IPv6 exposes them (so they are
reluctant to deploy IPv6 at a client level) and you wonder why they still
pay for anti-virus software for their clients that seat behind NAT.

AFRINIC IPv6 trainings need to debunk the belief that IPv4/NAT offers some
sort of security to clients at the LAN level while delivering their
trainings to most of this network/systems engineers.

Noah