[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Thu Apr 6 15:44:03 UTC 2017

Hello Willy,

IPv4 is not functionally obsolete as it is still performing. IPv6 is supposed to technologically obsolete IPv4.

Usually in case of technologically obsolescence, although having the latest and best is appealing, it is sometimes, or even often, better to push old technology to its limits than to feel obligated to invest in the new. We seem to be facing that.

So it is coming, but in the meantime, lets stop insulting IPv4 and its fans :-)

—Alain