[rpd] Report of the Soft Landing isuue

Timothy Ola Akinfenwa akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng
Thu Mar 30 12:04:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,
Speaking in my personal capacity as a Community member, I believe there is
a 'common sense' that can apply to every situation within or outside the
law. I don't see anything wrong in what the Co-Chairs have done as
previously explained by Sami and Dewole, rather they have attempted to
simplify the process by providing the grey areas that the authors of the 2
previous conflicting proposals could not address or agree to address.​ In
other words, the co-chairs have attempted to optimize both proposals (after
deliberations and comments from the community) and provide focal point for
the way forward.

This is common sense and highly commendable of them to have thought in this
direction for the progress of the Community and also for the fact that the
soft-landing clause could be triggered anytime from now.

Whether "*building or helping to find consensus*", let the community focus
on the issue at hand and strive to achieve the desired goal within the
allowable time. This is the time for less talking but to take necessary
action especially if we retrospect on how we got here in the first place.

Kind Regards,
Timothy

"Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't
have to hunt for happiness." ~ William E. Gladstone