[rpd] LEGACY resources handling process

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Mon Feb 27 02:06:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

>There are a few hundred prefixes.  I don't have the statistics for the
number of organizations.

Closest thing to a list I could find:
ftp://ftp.arin.net/erx/latest/erx.detail

Outdated by now I would guess.

>I ran a few queries a few minutes ago and I did not encounter any issue.
Did you get a response from Afrinic about how to get unblocked?

I did get unlocked, AFRINIC contacted RIPE NCC for me!

The query I was making was " -m --no-personal " on the whole /8s from
AFRINIC marked as legacy at IANA, some parts of them are at RIPE query
referral got me blocked by RIPE NCC through AFRINIC whois servers, which
incidentally blocked my AFRINIC queries too, very confusing.

>The organisation holding that type of prefix is better placed to evaluate
whether it is positively or negatively impacted by a policy proposal about
legacy address space.

I guess so, would had been nice to hear some of their point of view.

David Hilario

*IP Manager*

*Larus Cloud Service Limited*

p: +852 29888918 <+852%202988%208918>  m: +359 89 764 1784
<+359%2089%20764%201784>
f: +852 29888068 <+852%202988%208068>
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net/uk
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net <d.hilario at outsideheaven.com>