[rpd] LEGACY resources handling process

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sun Feb 26 20:29:55 UTC 2017

Hi David,
At 00:01 21-02-2017, David Hilario wrote:
>Interesting numbers, not many countries involved and maybe not even
>many organisations in total.

There are a few hundred prefixes.  I don't have the statistics for
the number of organizations.

>I guess that there is no easy way to figure out from the AFRINIC Database?
>I tried last week to query the "LEGACY ranges" listed at IANA, but
>got IP blocked from querying any further from CLI.
>No response yet from AFRINIC on how to get unblocked :(

I ran a few queries a few minutes ago and I did not encounter any
issue.  Did you get a response from Afrinic about how to get unblocked?

>Anyways, back on topic, this policy affects some legacy holders, I
>am looking to understand if it actually grants them more services
>than before (I believe it looks like it) or if they lost something
>and also how many organisations would be affected.

The organisation holding that type of prefix is better placed to
evaluate whether it is positively or negatively impacted by a policy
proposal about legacy address space.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy