[rpd] LEGACY resources handling process

David Hilario d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net
Tue Feb 21 08:01:36 UTC 2017

Dear SM,

Thank you for the reply.

Interesting numbers, not many countries involved and maybe not even many
organisations in total.

Country        Addresses    Percentage
South Africa   7,727,104      99.08
Egypt             16,640       0.21
Morocco           16,384       0.21
Namibia            8,960       0.15
Cameroon           8,448       0.11
Kenya              8,192       0.11
Others            12,800       0.16

I guess that there is no easy way to figure out from the AFRINIC Database?
I tried last week to query the "LEGACY ranges" listed at IANA, but got IP
blocked from querying any further from CLI.
No response yet from AFRINIC on how to get unblocked :(

Anyways, back on topic, this policy affects some legacy holders, I am
looking to understand if it actually grants them more services than before
(I believe it looks like it) or if they lost something and also how many
organisations would be affected.

David Hilario

*IP Manager*

*Larus Cloud Service Limited*

p: +852 29888918 <+852%202988%208918>  m: +359 89 764 1784
<+359%2089%20764%201784>
f: +852 29888068 <+852%202988%208068>
a: Flat B5, 11/F, TML Tower, No.3 Hoi Shing Road, Tsuen Wan, HKSAR
w: laruscloudservice.net/uk
e: d.hilario at laruscloudservice.net <d.hilario at outsideheaven.com>