[rpd] Policy Development Draft Agenda for AfriNIC 25

Dewole Ajao dewole at forum.org.ng
Sun Dec 4 11:30:19 UTC 2016

Thank you for the email, SM; And for your active participation at the recent public policy meeting.

Receipt of staff impact analysis a minimum of two weeks before PPM is a reasonable suggestion as it gives authors a full week to incorporate feedback before the no-modification date.

As the community now looks to improve the consensus building approach, an even more efficient route could be to work more with AFRINIC staff in the production of the first draft (to ensure that proposals presented to the community are unambiguous, implementable and non-conflicting). For transparency and crowdsourcing of insights, this preliminary process leading to the first draft proposal can take place on the RPD.

We should take up the discussion on voting and clarity of decisions under a different thread. I believe the expected outcomes for that discussion are better guidance for the co-chairs and a more detailed process that helps us agree on an approach for determining what consensus should look like while taking into account discussions on the RPD mailing list as well as PPM commentary.

Have a beautiful week ahead, everyone.

Regards,
Dewole.

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos and autocorrect strangeness.