[rpd] Policy Development Draft Agenda for AfriNIC 25

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sat Dec 3 17:05:20 UTC 2016

Hi Sami, Dewole,

I would like to congratulate both of you for the work which you have
done as Working Group Chairs during the last public policy
meeting.  I don't think that the two objections from a director of
Afrinic Ltd were valid.  I preferred not to argue about that as it
would make future discussions more difficult.

I suggest requesting Afrinic Ltd to publish an analysis of the impact
of each draft policy at least two weeks before the agenda for the
public policy meeting is announced.  The purpose is to give the
author of the draft policy enough time to make changes to the draft.

It looked like the tradition of the Working Group is to rely on
voting to take a decision.  Some of the decisions of the Working
Group Chairs during the discussions were not clear.   There was an
assessment from an independent law firm which contains an incorrect
description of the policy development process.  I leave it to the
members of Afrinic Ltd to see whether it would be useful to do
anything about these implementation issues.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy