[rpd] Proposal Update received: Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Nov 23 06:23:47 UTC 2016

Thanks PDP Chairs for posting the update

Thanks proposers for listening to the community and providing a timely
update.

Personally - I still think this is a bad idea and oppose this policy.

a) it needs to cover all allocations/assignments made from AFRINIC
numbering resources - not just some.
b) It prioritises on IPv4 and 2-byte ASN's - but explicitly mentions
random checks on large IPV6-only allocations/assignments - which sounds
like a conflict.
c) AFRINIC already has the authority to do much of what the policy goes
out to achieve - such as reclaim unused resources.
d) Still sounds like an opportunity for a Witch Hunt.

If there is a fear that people are hoarding resources - especially
people with large blocks of IPv4 address space, then have the Board
re-examine the pricing schedule and increase those prices.