[rpd] Mass Hijacking of AFRINIC IPv4 Space by U.S.A. Spammers

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Nov 18 17:22:51 UTC 2016

On 18 Nov 2016 8:00 p.m., "Jean-Baptiste MILLOGO" <jbmillogo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> it is up to community to decide if we would like legacy resources holders
to provide fees in counterpart of AFRINIC services towards them.

I would support AFRINIC charging the legacy resource holders for whois and
reverse delegation services if any.

For those legacy resources whose owners have since stopped using and are
subject to hijacking should be reclaimed by either AFRINIC or ARIN if that
is what it will take to safeguard them from continued abuse.

SPAM really pisses off and if there is anything stakeholders like AFRINIC
can do in this regard considering this fiasco, that would be great.

> --
> Jean Baptiste MILLOGO

Noah