[rpd] Mass Hijacking of AFRINIC IPv4 Space by U.S.A. Spammers

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Nov 18 06:58:27 UTC 2016

In message <CA+DdLrSCNycUe9f3GzVx-8oQeq+yYpLpBFgKZPMyiADmrZ54iw at mail.gmail.com>
Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com> wrote:

>Two : browse blacklists from the likes of SPAMHAUS and you will see
>that listings of African IP address are a tiny fraction of the total
>blacklisted numbers.

Yea.  I'm in contact with them now, trying to see if I can get that, um,
adjusted a bit.

>We have bigger issues to focus on now. Like IPv6. And even then -
>there will always be spam. Use the right channel if this bothers you.
>Go to Law Enforcement Agencies and report it.

I only interjected after I saw where somebody else brought up the
idea/proposal of auditing for unused or under-used resources.

These are examples of where that would be (and would have been) helpful.

Thus, I believed this matter to be germane to the subject at hand.

Regards,
rfg