[rpd] Mass Hijacking of AFRINIC IPv4 Space by U.S.A. Spammers

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Thu Nov 17 20:24:42 UTC 2016

Hi Ronald,
At 11:08 17-11-2016, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>I wonder if anybody on this list is even aware of this report which I
>posted recently to the NANOG list:

I read the report.

>Does anybody in the whole of the AFRINIC region even give a damn that
>large quantities of unused AFRINIC IPv4 address space are being hijacked,
>as we speak, by American snowshoe spammers?

I did a quick verification.  Most of the IPv4 address space listed in
the report is allocated to organizations in one country in this
region.  I don't understand why it is being described as a problem
for the entire region.

There is a webpage about spam at http://www.afrinic.net/Registration/spam.htm

Regards,
S. Moonesamy