[rpd] Summary of proposals: IPv4 Runout Management

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Nov 8 22:57:00 UTC 2016

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 12:13 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>
> On 8 Nov 2016 22:47, "Frank Habicht" <geier at geier.ne.tz <mailto:geier at geier.ne.tz>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I provided facts, and Noah provided:
> > - "not so fast"
> > - "I doubt"
> > - "I am sure"
> >

> Its not a competition.
>
> Policies can be proposed by any one resident in the Afrinic region and this is all am saying.

Unless I have missed something, this is not true. In fact, I would argue that the very nature of the NRO/ASO Global PDP virtually forbids it being true.

A proposal can be submitted by anyone regardless of where they reside. This is a necessary and good thing.
> Is it a preliquisite to practise then preach? Was this the case with the authors of all the active policies today?.

Not at all. Nobody called you out on these things when you proposed the policy.

You got called out on these things when you started pointing fingers at others, in some cases in other regions.

The phrase that comes to mind is “let he who is without sin cast the first stone”.

When you start throwing rocks, you have to expect that your sins may be announced by those present.
> Let us concentrate on the policies and move on.

Please.