[rpd] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Oct 28 05:45:58 UTC 2016

Hi Omo,
At 00:05 25-10-2016, Omo Oaiya wrote:
>While the new PDP succeeded in addressing #1 and #2, it has not
>addressed #3 and #4.

[snip]

>- It did not prescribe criteria for co-chairs selection or an
>election mechanism.

At a location I am familiar with, the trend is to do a "Google
search" to verify information.  It might help to find out whether the
person interested in being selected as a Chair has actually
participated in a policy development process.  Over the years,
different mechanisms have been used to select a Chair.  It does not
matter which mechanism is used as there are safeguards in the process
to protect "minorities".

Some of the issues which affect a policy development process are
conflict of interest and restrictions to participation.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy