[rpd] Lame delegation in AFRINIC WHOIS database

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh at afrinic.net
Thu Oct 27 08:44:05 UTC 2016

Hi Saul,

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 12:53 PM, Saul Stein <saul at enetworks.co.za> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Well, in the MyAfrinic portal, you aren't supposed to be able to add
> assigments for IP space, until you have delegated the reverse if I recall.

Yes, that the no reverse unless assigned policy [1].

> So it is actually a bigger question - if the reverse delegation if
> fake/false/lame then what should happen with the assignments as it would
> affect IP usage when requesting more space.

Well, that can be added to a policy perhaps :)

[1] http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/700-no-reverse-unless-assigned <http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/700-no-reverse-unless-assigned>