[rpd] Policy changes introduced by the Board

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Tue Oct 18 10:32:46 UTC 2016

Yes, it makes no sense.  To avoid this situation, we should remove and rely on the PDP.  I pointed this out in June -  https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2016-June/000343.html

>> Section 11.5 seems to give this right to the community but endorsement may be open to misinterpretation so we shall just remove this.  In case of emergency, section 8 of PDP on varying the policy process applies.
>>
>> 11.5:  Any policy adopted by the Board under the provisions of Article 11.4 shall be submitted to the community for endorsement at the next public policy meeting.

It is the same case with the soft landing policy where the board is given the discretion over address space.   This is a matter for the community and addressed in the Soft Landing-BIS proposal in 3.9.3

http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/1609-soft-landing-bis <http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/1609-soft-landing-bis>

-Omo