[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Sep 13 09:53:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 9/13/2016 11:31 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> At 11:58 12-09-2016, Frank Habicht wrote:
>> Which current, past or future policy are we talking about?
>
> I went to
> http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/89
> to answer the above question and got a 404.  I was looking for Section
> 3.9.2 of a current proposal.

at http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals
I see 6 policy proposals under discussion, and opening all of them,

at
http://afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/1815-ipv4-soft-landing-bis

I find a section:
3.9.2 Allocation/Assignments to new LIRs or End-Users
A /14 from the final /11 will be held in reserve for exclusive use by
new LIRs or End-Users with no prior IPv4 address space from AFRINIC.  On
application for IPv4 resources, a new LIR or End-User may receive one
allocation or assignment(maximum /22).

Is that what you're looking for?

Or maybe "3.9.1 Assignments to Critical Internet Infrastructures"
which is immediately preceding?

Regards,
Frank